You can create advanced QR Code designs using different colors, rendering methods (image, canvas or DIV), effects, add text or image labels and test each design. Plugin can generate QR Codes based on current URL or by forming standardized formats:
- Custom Text
- Current URL
- SMS Message
- Email Message
- Skype Name
- Phone Number
- vCard Contact
- vCard 4.0 Contact
- Maps GEO Location
- WiFi Access
- RSS Feed Link
To generate QR Codes plugin is not depending on external websites (usually limited by size and design for QR Codes), plugin uses jQuery library that can build QR code as image, on Canvas or as DIV with custom image overlay, effects, custom color, transparent background. QR Codes can be generated in any size (if made too small, it can be hard to read and decode).
Plugin generates the QR Code using jQuery library inside the browser. QR Codes are not saved anywhere on the server, and there is no QR Code management included for generating and saving QR Codes.
QR Code Shortcode with integration into TinyMCE editor
Plugin adds button with easy to use popup to configure shortcode for QR Code to add into post content. Adds options to align and wrap shortcode for better styling.
3 Widgets to add QR Codes, including vCard contact information
Plugin adds 3 widgets: QR Code from Current URL (QR Code changes on different pages to encode that page URL), QR Code from vCard Contact information and QR Code from custom content (selection and options for different types of content).
Create multiple QR Code layouts using colors, overlay and effects
Create layouts you can use over and over again. You can add multiple designs/layouts for QR Codes, edit, duplicate or delete them and preview each one with popup QR Code example for easy test.
Easy to use QR Code layout designer with real time preview for testing
Customize colors (with transparent background support), render method (image is recommended), add text or image overlay label to enhance QR Code (limits apply for position of overlay since it can effect readability of QR Code), include effects and error correction settings to improve readability of generate QR Codes.
Other Plugin Features Included
- Support for unicode text and content to encode into QR Code.
- Easy to use export and import for transferring settings from one website to another.
- Support for Multisite WordPress mode, each website can set plugin on it’s own.
- Option to include Download Link to vCard VCF file for both vCard formats.
- Support for translation and includes POT file.
System and WordPress Requirements
- PHP 7.3 or newer
- WordPress 5.5 or newer
Plugin contains PDF user guide in the plugin package. Check out this document to get information on plugin options, usage and more. Please, read this file to understand the limitation of QR Codes customization.
Version 3.0.1 / 2023.01.25.
- Updated: few minor updates and changes
Version 3.0 / 2023.01.16.
- New: tested with WordPress 6.0 and 6.1
- New: tested with PHP 8.1 and 8.2
- New: major change to the admin side layout and styling
- New: many changes to the plugin core code organization
- New: many improvements to the code syntax and formatting
- New: rewritten most of the plugin styling
- New: use of the SASS to generate styling files
- Updated: minimal requirement: WordPress 5.5
- Updated: minimal requirement: PHP 7.3
- Updated: minicolors.js library updated to 2.3.6
- Fix: several issues related to PHP 8.x
- Fix: many minor admin side visual issues