Click image to view demo
Player used clean HTML – uses the right elements. <button>s for buttons. <input type=”range”> for volume and <progress> for progress seekbar.
Player can display Youtube videos, playlists, channels, live feed. Player can automaticaly retrieve video thumbnails, title and descriptions from Youtube.
Player can display Vimeo videos, albums, channels, groups, collections, on demand content.
Video / audio / image support
Play HTML videos, virtual reality 360 videos and images, audio or display simple images in the player. Player can serve different video quality for both desktop and mobile browers, display video subtitles in multiple langauges, control playback speed, audio languages for live streaming.
Support for Apple HLS and MPEG DASH live streaming, adaptive bitrate with subtitles and multilangauge audio support.
Display content from many external sources including Amazon S3 (with presigned url), Google drive, One Drive or any public link that can play in a browser. Additionally, player can display any HTML source inside the player, for example, Facebook videos, Google maps etc..
Playlist sources can contain mixed content, which means you can have self hosted videos, Youtube videos and images all in the same playlist.
Shortcode generator / custom shortcode parameters
Wordpress version uses Quick shortcode generator to quickly deploy player in the page and accepts custom shortcode parameters.
Video adverts / Advertizing and Monetization
Support for adverts that can be shown before, during and after video playback. Advert can be any media (from video, audio to images), including services like Google AdSense which allows for monetization for your videos. Supported VAST formats in the player are VAST / VMAP / IMA / VPAID, SIMID ..etc
Video annotations / popup advertizing
Optional popup elements (images, and any HTML with full CSS support) that can appear over video area allows for inline advertizing and getting user attention during playback. Player also has support for displaying shortcodes over player video area during playback. Unlimited shortcodes can be shown at any given time. Display your own HTML content over player video area using your shortcodes.
Google Analytics tracking
Player implements Google Analytics which allows for detailed tracking of your video views and other data.
Serve player as lightbox which opens above your content to focus viewer attention to video.
Password protected videos
Protect your videos from being watched without a password.
Restrict video downloads
Only registered users can download videos. Non logged in users are presented with login or register message. Restrict to specific user rolles.
Display subtitle languages in scrollable list and allow users to interact and search through the video.
Create chapters on video. User can select chapter from chapters menu before video starts and during video play.
Display subtitles in any language for any self hosted video, Youtube of Vimeo video. Subtitle support come in vtt and srt format.
Watch videos from this player on your big screen TV from your laptop, phone or tablet. Chromecast with Google TV turns any TV into a smart TV with one seamless experience for all your streaming apps.
Automatically generate video player embed code and embed a player on other websites. Its possible to embed player with a whole playlist or just with a single video. Embedding is automatically generated for a WordPress plugin.
Detailed video statistics
Provide video statistics for each playlist and each video. Track video plays (top plays daily, weekly, monthly, all time). Generate visual graphs from video statistics in chosen time period.
Replace wordpress default video player
Player can replace wordpress default video player (for self hosted, youtube, vimeo) and serve your videos in custom skin.
Autoplay in viewport
Autoplay video only when player enters viewable area. Works like Facebook video timeline where each video is played when it enters viewable area and paused again when it exits. Works with multiple videos in the page.
Minimize on page scroll
Minimize player to bottom on page scroll when player exits viewable area.
Multiple video quality
Support for multiple video qualities plus option to define playback quality for mobile browsers.
Remember playback position and provide welcome screen where user can choose to resume video form last watched position or start from beginning.
Choose between random playback in playlist, looping on playlist end, looping single video, auto rewind video, specify video start and end time.
Media end action
Specify what to do when each video finishes, loop video, rewind to video start, show video poster or open web url link.
Specify player ratio to fit your videos, and make each player perfect size for your videos.
Player controls can be customized in such way that every button in the player is optional, and can be turned on or off, depending on the requirements. So you can choose which buttons to use in the player. Player also has responsive breakpoints built in which can automatically hide specific player buttons on narrow screens.
Query string support
Use query string to provide player settings and create playlist from query string parameters.
Hide video url from page source using encryption and video blobs.
Updates / Changelog
VERSION 8.02 [2.2.2023]
- [FIX] main video not playing after advert
VERSION 8.01 [30.12.2022]
- [UPDATE] add video date (for playlist item content) when you upload mp4 video inside Playlist manager.
VERSION 8.0 [9.12.2022]
VERSION 7.51 [22.11.2022]
- [FIX] upload upload manager not working
VERSION 7.5 [16.9.2022]
- [FIX] coming next video screen was visible even with single video in playlist - [FIX] if video autoplay was off, youtube videos would show youtube red play button on start instead of player play button - [UPDATE] add private audio over Amazon S3 bucket - [UPDATE] option to remember playback position for all videos in playlist - [UPDATE] disable css hover styles for mobile - [UPDATE] show We are offline image when you are not streaming - [UPDATE] added icon to unmute button - [UPDATE] apect ratio option active again - [UPDATE] some improvements for RTL layout - [UPDATE] option to use global keyboard controls - [UPDATE] embed copied text - [ADD] option to apply custom css globally to all players - [ADD] option to deactivate certain videos in playlist - [ADD] transform video option with controls (zoom, rotate video and save state) - [ADD] set custom video end screen (show your own HTML and CSS after video ends) - [ADD] domain switch option, batch rename video urls in playlist (plus subtitles, thumbnails etc..) - [ADD] option to sort videos in playlist by most popular - [ADD] watch limit feature (disable video playback at specific time and show custom image with optional url) - [ADD] bottom seekbar when controls autohide - [ADD] option to add custom icons in playlist with url link attached to each
VERSION 7.31 [10.5.2022]
- [UPDATE] thumbnail image not required for skip ad window - [FIX] vast non linear ads used without ima loader do not show
VERSION 7.3 [5.5.2022]
- [FIX] chapter window close button not wokring - [FIX] tooltip sometimes wobbly - [FIX] restrict content header title missing from translation - [FIX] transcript header title language not updated on language change - [FIX] playlist button navigation css for buttons overwritten - [FIX] chapter window display in horizontal bottom navigation - [UPDATE] included video adverts into quick shortcode generator - [UPDATE] make playlist from folder of videos in custom directory on your server - [ADD] combine player ratio option (remove black bars around video in both player and playlist mode) - [ADD] playlist selector option in playlist (choose another playlist) - [ADD] option to auto advance to next playlist - [UPDATE] option to use default browser scrollbar in playlist
VERSION 7.16 [9.4.2022]
- [ADD] specify global playlist lock video time for non logged in users
VERSION 7.15 [21.3.2022]
- [FIX] fail to play next 360 video
VERSION 7.12 [21.2.2022]
- [FIX] subtitle vtt will fail if it contains multiple newline breaks in a row - [UPDATE] option to activate cors on subtitles or chapters to load cross domain - [UPDATE] option not to pause video when click embed, share, video info...
VERSION 7.1 [22.1.2022]
- [FIX] elements visiblity comparing video width, not whole container width when calculating what icons to show on different screen sizes - [FIX] You are watching resume screen (if already opened) stays visible after we click on another playlist item - [FIX] letter n appears in page with skin pollux - [FIX] youtube / vimeo single video sometimes not loading on start - [ADD] option to load multiple vimeo single videos in one query - [UPDATE] "Activate When Parent Visible" changed to boolean - [ADD] option to load Youtube and Vimeo video details without api key
VERSION 7.06 [10.1.2022]
- [FIX] seekbar position not updating when keyboard controls are used to seek and video is paused - [FIX] export feature not working in some cases (Read-only file system in plugins directory)
VERSION 7.05 [.1.2022]
- [FIX] export / import sometimes not working when wp prefix is different
VERSION 7.01 [25.12.2021]
- [FIX] on clear statistics, clear visible data without page refresh - [FIX] some annotation data not saving
VERSION 7.0 [17.12.2021]
- [FIX] quickly opening between share / embed / info window could leave video playing in the background - [FIX] setting link on video advert pause opens url link twice - [FIX] adsence data not saved in admin - [FIX] player description breakpoint not saved - [FIX] using search field in playlist scroll to playlist top when videos are filtered - [UPDATE] specify video quality for mobile for self hosted videos - [UPDATE] include video adverts in custom shortcodes - [UPDATE] simplify data-path for adverts - [UPDATE] option to load subtitles, chapters cross domain - [ADD] video embed screen (embed single video or whole playlist) - [ADD] age verification screen for video - [ADD] transcript window showing all subtitles (change language + search function) - [ADD] chapter window showing all chapters (alternative to chapter menu, + search function) - [ADD] statistics add graph for total plays last month - [ADD] statistics choose percent of the video watched to count as played - [ADD] show top plays statistics per country, show play data for each user - [ADD] option to exclude specific videos from showing in Youtube or Vimeo feed (channel, playlist ..etc) - [UPDATE] option to specify midroll adverts start time in percentage - [UPDATE] option to specify adverts skip time in percentage - [ADD] support for IMA, VAST, VMAP, VPAID, SIMID
VERSION 6.20 [2.11.2021]
- [ADD] play videos from OneDrive (single or folder)
VERSION 6.16 [29.10.2021]
- [UPDATE] option to load folder of 360 videos, google drive folder of 360 videos, amazon s3 folder of 360 videos - [FIX] watched percentage on runtime not updating
VERSION 6.16 [9.10.2021]
- [FIX] previous chapter button showing always
VERSION 6.15 [20.9.2021]
- [FIX] audio ad not showing image poster if set - [FIX] Apple IOS remember playback position time - [ADD] option to show chapter title in player top left - [ADD] previous chapter button in controls - [ADD] Amazon S3 support with private buckets with presigned url - [ADD] translate backend with textdomain
VERSION 6.11 [13.8.2021]
- [FIX] changing height of the vertical playlist when its below the player not working - [FIX] display poster on mobile active on desktop as well - [ADD] AirPlay support
VERSION 6.1 [30.5.2021]
- [UPDATE] support for clicktag ads during video playback - [FIX] local subtitles for live streaming (hls, dash) - [FIX] if autoplay in viewport unmutes video with user page interaction, mute icon is still showing in player controls - [ADD] next chapter button - [UPDATE] clicking chapter menu will auto start video with "show Controls Before Video Start" option - [ADD] Chromecast support - [UPDATE] PHP 8 compatibility
VERSION 6.05 [28.4.2021]
- [UPDATE] Show poster on pause works with autoplay true (when poster is not shown on start) - [ADD] load Google Drive folder of videos
VERSION 6.0 [14.4.2021]
- [FIX] live streaming video quality menu duplicating on select - [FIX] audio not playing on ios - [FIX] audio visualizer disabled on ios and poster is used instead - [FIX] apmvp_video shortcode not working - [FIX] restrict download button on click scrolling to page top - [FIX] up next thumb time not registered - [FIX] global (per playlist) lock video time 0 not recognized - [FIX] if main video had poster, poster was shown when main video resumed playing after mirroll ad finished - [FIX] thumbnail hover preview using only preview from active video for all playlist items - [FIX] watched percentage not updating live with player type lightbox - [FIX] prevent custom context menu over player video description - [UPDATE] when description over thumbnail is used, playlist position vertical right / bottom will automatically switch style description over thumbnail / description right of thumbnail for best visual appearance - [UPDATE] thumbnail hover preview can be gif or a small video - [UPDATE] limit playlist description text has been changed to number of lines to show instead of number of characters. - [UPDATE] option to remember last used subtitle - [UPDATE] searching for videos in playlist will only play videos found by search - [UPDATE] chapter title moved below preview seekbar thumbnail - [UPDATE] show video poster before asking for password protected videos - [UPDATE] improvements on Sirius skin, gradient added below controls to better emphasize controls above the video - [UPDATE] add media type "custom" can now be added as HTML directly in admin (using external file is still available option) - [UPDATE] new keyboard controls selector and keyboard controls only active when cursor above the player (now working with multiple players in page) - [UPDATE] watched percentage now works with anonymous shortcodes - [UPDATE] new grid layouts - [ADD] mid-roll advert coming in... 123 seconds message - [ADD] support for vr stereoscopic videos - [ADD] shortcode generator with all attributes for the player - [ADD] quick shortcode generator for video (or multiple videos) - [ADD] when adding video in Playlist manager, option to add video to multiple playlists at once - [ADD] option to use PerfectScrollbar instead of mCustomScroll in playlist - [ADD] pagination inside admin Edit playlist section (video list) - [ADD] audio slideshow as alternative to audio visualizer while audio plays - [ADD] allow only logged in users or specific user roles to view video without ads [ADD] option to prevent user from seeking into not yet watched part of the video
VERSION 5.16 [19.2.2021]
- [FIX] youtube not autoplay after we click resume screen - [FIX] vimeo default player not resume after we click resume screen - [FIX] youtube, vimeo single video use without api not saving - [FIX] video advert ending causes link to open if set on video
VERSION 5.15 [7.2.2021]
- [FIX] add url to image ad not working - [UPDATE] annotation shown by default on small screen or when player is small in size ( can be adjusted in responsive breakpoints section ).
VERSION 5.12 [22.12.2020]
- [ADD] auto generate video thumbnails for videos uploaded in WordPress - [FIX] live stream video quality change - [FIX] Android click unmute button pauses video
VERSION 5.11 [03.12.2020]
- [FIX] vimeo player parameters incorrect - [FIX] playing videos from new grid skin not working
VERSION 5.1 [18.11.2020]
- [FIX] global settings not detected when standalone shortcode was used - [FIX] lock video user roles bug - [ADD] live video thumbnails for html5 video - [ADD] option to show video title above the player
VERSION 5.07 [26.10.2020]
- [FIX] swipe not working - [FIX] subtitles not visible when video has advert
VERSION 5.06 [20.10.2020]
- [UPDATE] improvements on embedding multiple players
VERSION 5.05 [18.9.2020]
- [UPDATE] some database improvements
VERSION 5.02 [28.8.2020]
- [FIX] navigation type (scroll, buttons, mouse move) missing from admin menu in Edit player section
VERSION 5.02 [13.8.2020]
- [UPDATE] rename category/tag, prevent duplicate - [UPDATE] "Activate When Parent Visible" specify selector - [FIX] password field input not working
VERSION 5.01 [18.7.2020]
- [FIX] statistics finish count not working - [UPDATE] play 360 video from hls or dash source
VERSION 5.0 [10.7.2020]
VERSION 4.57 [22.5.2020]
VERSION 4.56 [21.4.2020]
- [FIX] mvp_ad, mvp_annotation table doesnt exist during installation - [FIX] few other admin fixes
VERSION 4.55 [18.4.2020]
- [UPDATE] restrict video view / download for specific user roles - [FIX] global per playlist video password not working
VERSION 4.5 [12.4.2020]
- [FIX] mediaEndAction poster keeps duplicating posters - [FIX] seekbar wrong calculation - [FIX] duration field not saved for image ads - [FIX] "spaced" layout having next / previous playlist buttons in wrong position - [FIX] video preloader hidden when resume screen is shown (so its now seen behind transparent resume screen) - [FIX] IOS require double tap on unmute button if controls hidden - [ADD] option to set custom image loader - [REMOVE] option to disable adverts - [CHANGE] video poster is always shown (if exist) regardless of autoplay - [UPDATE] remember playback position now works with adverts (it remembers main video position, adverts are always played if exist) - [UPDATE] lock video time is now available as global playlist option - [ADD] player custom classes - [UPDATE] support for unlimited number of ads before and after main video - [ADD] option to randomize ads - [ADD] option to show video duration in thumbnail and upnext - [FIX] up next thumbnail not showing correctly with random play - [ADD] up next / watched thumbnail over next and previous buttons - [ADD] coming next screen between videos (new mediaEndAction) - [ADD] related videos screen after video ends (new mediaEndAction). Show related videos from other playlists and load playlist on demand. - [ADD] video play statistics with backend (count plays and time played), display statistics in frontend - [ADD] chapters menu list and button in controls to show chapter menu - [UPDATE] option to display video controls before video starts including chapter selector (requires video duration on self hosted video) - [UPDATE] menu items bigger padding for better mobile usability - [ADD] display thumbnail list of playlists in frontend and on playlist select, load selected playlist in player - [ADD] player settings can now be passes with query string (parameters begins with "mvp-") - [ADD] create playlist from query string parameters - [UPDATE] share specific video in playlist when used with social networking (direct link to video and current time) - [UPDATE] right click context menu update, share url to specific video in playlist - [UPDATE] option to provide multiple youtube api keys - [ADD] cache playlist in browser to limit api requests for Youtube and Vimeo services
VERSION 4.0 [1.3.2020]
- [ADD] unmute button to unmute the video - [ADD] optional search field in playlist - [UPDATE] use your own input search field for playlist items and specify dom selector - [ADD] optional closed caption button in controls to toggle caption state - [UPDATE] autoplay in viewport multiple players like facebook - [ADD] open player in lightbox (with or without playlist) - [ADD] init player on dom selector click (and open specific video) - [ADD] optional button to close player minimize - [ADD] display collections from Vimeo (on demand), Vimeo user videos, Vimeo folders - [ADD] LIVE indicator in controls for live streams (auto or manual) - [ADD] option to disable seekbar to prevent skipping video - [ADD] only logged in users can download video (non logged in users are presented with login or register message) - [ADD] lock some videos, only logged in users can watch specific videos (or partial watch, for example first 15 seconds) - [ADD] callback beforeLoginScreen called before login screen opens - [ADD] optional resume playback position prompt - ask user to continue watching where left off or start from the beginning - [FIX] parse vtt with multiline of text
VERSION 3.71 [16.2.2020]
- [FIX] admin css tabs not working - [FIX] video quality change not working when Encrypt media paths is used
VERSION 3.71 [31.1.2020]
- [UPDATE] cleaned double autoPlay setting (no more forceMutedAutoplay), autoPlay settings is now reponsible for muted autoplay
VERSION 3.71 [21.1.2020]
- [UPDATE] player now retains layout in page while minimize on scroll - [UPDATE] Google Analytics update - [UPDATE] new setting: combinePlayerRatio (boolean) keeps video ratio same when playlist is opened / closed in vlb, vrb layouts - [ADD] option to hide playlist on player minimize - [ADD] restrict player width on minimize - [ADD] option to sort media loaded from folder - [ADD] set playback rate values - [ADD] load json playlist - [ADD] load any HTML into the player (ex. Facebook videos, Google maps etc..)
VERSION 3.56 [3.1.2020]
- [ADD] option to activate the player when parent visible - [UPDATE] retrieve media from database in ASC / DESC order
VERSION 3.55 [26.12.2019]
- [ADD] video widget - [ADD] gutenberg block
VERSION 3.52 [5.12.2019]
- [UPDATE] build multiple videos using shortcode
VERSION 3.51 [1.12.2019]
- [FIX] duplicate player, playlist function jquery not defined
VERSION 3.51 [25.11.2019]
- [FIX] hide player controls after image start with no duration, and after iframe shown in player
VERSION 3.51 [16.11.2019]
- [UPDATE] toggle subtitle font size with keyboard controls (+/-)
VERSION 3.5 [16.11.2019]
- [FIX] lightbox not opening when poster set - [FIX] truncate playlist description not working if playlist is closed on start - [UPDATE] updates to player resizing (player never larger than viewport) - [UPDATE] replace wordpress default video (html5, youtube, vimeo) - [ADD] theater mode
VERSION 3.42 [4.11.2019]
- [UPDATE] new import playlist / player option now works without LOAD DATA
VERSION 3.4 [24.10.2019]
- [ADD] option to show poster after video end screen (self hosted, youtube, vimeo) - [ADD] option to skip poster - [ADD] export / import player to csv (requires user FILE permission in database)
VERSION 3.3 [14.10.2019]
- [ADD] new optional buttons in controls (rewind, skip backward, skip forward) - [ADD] new buttons in advert (volume, fullscreen) - [UPDATE] set default video quality on mobile - [ADD] more global playlist options (active subtitle, playback rate, start / end time) - [ADD] load more option for self hosted media - [ADD] option to choose Youtube and Vimeo thumbnail size - [ADD] audio visualizer as alternative to poster showing while audio plays - [ADD] image support - [FIX] Vimeo sort order
VERSION 3.15 [18.9.2019]
- [UPDATE] Youtube api quota optimization
VERSION 3.1 [16.9.2019]
- [UPDATE] admin updates
VERSION 3.01 [2.9.2019]
- [UPDATE] small code improvements
VERSION 3.0 [28.8.2019]
- [UPDATE] all new skins - [ADD] change css colors in backend - [UPDATE] code improvements
VERSION 2.65 [14.6.2019]
- [ADD] seek to chapter start option (when chapters are used) - [UPDATE] improved mouse inactiving over player - [FIX] adverts not working with youtube, vimeo videos without data-noapi attribute - [ADD] option to set sticky video only if video is playing
VERSION 2.61 [13.4.2019]
- [FIX] click on playlist item cancels load more on total scroll
VERSION 2.6 [23.3.2019]
- [FIX] fixed youtube single video list direct shortcode
VERSION 2.59 [15.3.2019]
- [ADD] playlist is stored in browser to limit API requests for Youtube, Vimeo and other services
VERSION 2.58 [6.2.2019]
- [ADD] support for Vimeo private unlisted videos - [UPDATE] improved embedding of multiple players in same page
VERSION 2.57 [27.1.2019]
- [ADD] load Youtube channel by username, load Vimeo album by username
VERSION 2.56 [3.12.2018]
- [ADD] set any frame as poster for self hosted video - [UPDATE] some controls layout improvements
VERSION 2.55 [1.12.2018]
- [ADD] picture in picture option - [ADD] mpeg dash support - [ADD] new controls style - [ADD] chapter markers in seekbar for adverts - [UPDATE] small code improvements
VERSION 2.5 [20.11.2018]
- [UPDATE] direction RTL compatibility - [ADD] hover preview for playlist thumbnails (gif) - [ADD] new player skins - [ADD] option to change any player icon with svg icons - [ADD] custom right click context menu - [ADD] option to show any playlists in page with shortcode so they can be loaded with api on runtime - [UPDATE] auto sort break points from low to high - [UPDATE] seekbar and time auto hide for Youtube live stream videos - [FIX] small bug fixes
VERSION 2.46 [18.10.2018]
- [UPDATE] dynamic subtitle font size - [UPDATE] option to encrypt media url directly in shortcode - [ADD] overwrite default wordpress mp4 video shortcode
VERSION 2.45 [4.10.2018]
- [ADD] new playlist positions (vertical left, horizontal top) - [ADD] new sharing sites (reddit, pinterest, digg, linkedin) - [ADD] optional published date in playlist items for Youtube and Vimeo (with title and description) - [FIX] wrong tooltip position in lightbox mode - [FIX] wrong grid gutter calculation
VERSION 2.42 [29.9.2018]
- [FIX] first track not displayed in playlist with playlist_id shortcode - [FIX] having global playlist ads/annotations enabled (but not defined) prevented media ads/annotations to show - [FIX] having pre roll advert preventing annotations to show on main media
VERSION 2.41 [27.9.2018]
- [ADD] Player quick demo importer with shortcodes
VERSION 2.4 [26.9.2018]
- [ADD] AdSense support in player - [ADD] automatically generate Vimeo download links - [ADD] export / import playlist to csv (requires FILE priviledge or local-infile=1) - [ADD] load playlists based on post categories and tags (taxonomy) - [ADD] password protected content (global per playlist or individual) - [ADD] Auxiliary shortcodes for creating players and playlists on the fly - [ADD] added Player API methods and Events section in admin - [ADD] custom annotation positions and margins over player, default annotation inactive opacity and close button positions - [ADD] option to minimize player to page bottom on scroll (limited to one player in page) - [ADD] option to copy & move tracks between playlists and filter tracks in playlist admin - [ADD] active item and timestamp parameters in url - [ADD] option to enable/disable adverts/annotations individually - [ADD] optional poster image for Youtube and Vimeo - [ADD] option to display poster image on mobile to preserve bandwidth - [ADD] WhatsApp share button - [UPDATE] added optional scrollbar for description and embed area instead of browser default one - [UPDATE] improved iframe loading in annotations - [FIX] small bug fixes in frontend and backend
tags: video gallery, youtube, vimeo, hls, live streaming, dash, vast, ima, chromecast, chapters, learning, advertising